Monday, March 14, 2011

Rough Weekend

It's been a rough six days for us. Last Wednesday I woke up with a tight chest. By Thursday I had a mild fever, horrible cough, and sore throat. I called the doctor, and she prescribed an antibiotic thinking I had strep throat. She didn't want to make me come in because I have Jacob and Macy to take care of. By Friday my fever was up to 102, and I felt awful. Off to the doctor I went for a chest x-ray only to find out that I caught the flu. You know, the thing that is supposed to be prevented by the flu shot? Nothing to do but wait it out. When I got home, Macy woke up from her nap and had a 103.6 fever. So she was on a steady dose of Motrin all weekend and had a temp all day Saturday. She was acting pretty normal, but by Saturday night she looked sick. Now we're just watching Jacob to make sure he doesn't get it. I'm hoping my milk will give him the antibodies he needs to avoid it, but it's scary. I don't need my little guy sick in the first three weeks of his life. It sucks too because I can't give him or Macy the attention that I normally would, which leaves me feeling pretty guilty. I just want to feel better all ready so I can enjoy my time at home with the kids!

No comments: